Main Article Content
The therapeutic herbs Dicorea bulbifera L. and Apium graveolens L. consists bioactive substances that are used for the treatment of different human illnesses and play a significant role in the treatment process. The primary objective of the research was to test the phytochemical composition in both the medicinal herbs. The plant material was extracted with water and the crude obtained was qualitatively analysed for phyto constituents. The findings of the study showed the presence of terpenoids, phenol, tannin, alkaloid, steroid, proteins and carbohydrates in both the plant extracts. This study concludes that, the medicinal properties of the herbs are due to the effects of naturally occurring substances such as alkaloids, proteolytic enzymes, flavonoids and many others.
2. Arangannal P, Nithya S, Jeevarathan J, Rekha V, Krishnan M, Padmavathy K. Antibacterial effectiveness of cinnamon chewing gum on Streptococcus mutans. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development. 2019;10(8): 1694-1698.
3. Sharmila S, Rebecca LJ, Kowsalya E, Paul Das M, Kamalambigeswari R. Extraction of enzyme from Gracilaria corticata and Chladophora vagabunda. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering. 2019;8(1):47-48.
4. Satheesh Naik K, Gurushanthaiah M, Kavimani M, Mahesh GM. Extraction of phytochemical constituents from the root of Eclipta alba through gas chromatography-mass spectrometry procedure. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2019;10(2):1238-1242.
5. Arangannal P, Nithya S, Jeevarathan J, Rekha V, Krishnan M, Padmavathy K. Antibacterial effectiveness of cinnamon chewing gum on Streptococcus mutans. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development. 2019;10(8):1694-1698.
6. Jayalakshmi T, Priya R, Harish M. Cytotoxic and gene expression research on kras gene in lung cancer cell line of a549 treated with Tinospora coridifolia extract. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering. 2019;8(9 Special Issue 2):295-297.
7. Mohammad H, Prabhu K, Rao MRK, Sundram L, Dinakar S, Kumar MS, Vijayalakshmi N. The gas chromatography-mass spectrometry study of one ayurvedic pain relieving oil "Karpooradi Thailam". Drug Invention Today. 2019;12(7):1542-1546.
8. Venkatraman S, Kiruthiga K, Kaviya B. Development of plain cement mortar mixed with tamrind kernel powder. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering. 2019;8(9 Special Issue 3): 1598-1600.
9. Satheesh Naik K, Gurushanthaiah M, Nagesh Raju G, Lokanadham S, Seshadri Reddy V. Protective role of Eclipta alba against hyperlipidemia induced by high-fat diet in albino rats. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2019;10(2):1181-1184.
10. Geetha S, Vasuki R. Anticancer activity of Cissus quadrangularis. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering. 2019;8(6):603-605.
11. Bonam SR, Manoharan SK, Pandy V, Raya AR, Nadendla RR, Jagadeesan M, Babu AN. Phytochemical, in vitro antioxidant and in vivo safety evaluation of leaf extracts of Tragia plukenetii. Pharmacognosy Journal. 2019;11(2):338-345.
12. Mani A, Meikandaan TP, Gowrishankar PG, Kanchanabhan TE. A study on treatment of industrial effluent (dyeing) using Moringa oleifera, Tamarina indica as coagulants. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology. 2019;10(1): 2796-2811.
13. Philip JM, Mahalakshmi K. Antimicrobial effect of three Indian medicinal plant extracts on common denture plaque bacteria. Drug Invention Today. 2019;11(3):584-586.
14. Manipal S, Fathima L, Hussain ST, Venkat R. Efficacy of anti-bacterial and anti-fungal action on four medicinal plants extract the A. arabica, T. chebula, A. indica and V. vinifera against Streptococcus mutans and Candida albicans-an in-vitro study. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2019;10(4):3121-3126.
15. Umaarasu T, Padmavathy K, Thirunavukkarasu D, Rajesh SV, Govindaraj J, Shanmugam G. Evaluation of the antimicrobial activity and phytochemical investigation of the leaf extracts of Ricinus communis Linn. against drug-resistant bacterial pathogens. Drug Invention Today. 2019;11(6):1299-1303.
16. Gunasekaran S, Sathiavelu M, Arunachalam S. In vitro antioxidant and antibacterial activity of endophytic fungi isolated from Mussaenda luteola, Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017;7: 234-238.